Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Ode to Summer Movies

So, we all know that most of my hours are spent glued to the TV screen with some sort of controller in hand. In fact, except for my weekly swing dancing jaunts, I don't usually get out much. Theatre season keeps me so busy from September to April and that means missing out on a lot of valuable gaming hours.

This summer, though, I've resolved to get out of the house more than just once a week for dancing. So, I'm filling my social calendar with pub trivia, museums outings, amusement parks, beaches... and the occasional trip to Ireland.

But more than anything else, I've been spending quality time at my local movie theaters. And so, a quick shout-out to all those great summer movies that have been filling my nights and weekends:

Nancy Drew
Transformers
Live Free or Die Hard
Ocean's 13
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
1408
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

So they're not all destined to be film classics. In fact, none of them are destined to be film classics... but I've had a a ton of fun every time. And it's good to put down my controller every once in a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home