Monday, May 12, 2008

A Sad Separation.

I haven't posted much about my gaming life recently because theater has taken over my spare time. It's been a sad, gameless life...

In all seriousness, though, it's been hard finding time, but I'm relieved to be back to "normal" life and able to play again. I'm about halfway through the GTA IV campaign and it's definitely growing on me. When I first started it up, the driving mechanics felt so clumsy that I was desperately yearning for my days with Crackdown. But now I actually enjoy restraining myself a bit and making liberal use of the e-brake. The world is, of course, phenomenal. And the story is some of the best stuff I've seen in the series. I think it rivals and even surpasses Vice City. A perfect 10 it is not. The best game since Ocarina of Time? Definitely too bold a statement. But it's very well done and I'm enjoying my time in Liberty City.

I also just recently started playing Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings on the DS. (I know I'm late to the party.) It's slow getting warmed up to it, but I'm willing to take the time if it's even remotely as good as its PS2 predecessor. I already like that there are story connections.

And a few nights ago I had my first Team Fortress match in a long time. It was a great one, too! I'm so happy that they've returned some of the splendor to the medi-gun. Now I can heal in happiness again.

So nice to have things returning to normal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home